Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Passion...

Well, after all the trouble that I and Faezah went through, finally we managed to watch Passion which is staged in KLpac last night. Firstly, if you ask me how was the play, I think I have to admit that I can hardly understand what is happening throughout the play. After all what would you aspect from a dance production…
Actually there are a few humorous scenes that are quite interesting and it actually caught my attention but the rest of it I can say it is boring…
Nevertheless, I believe that from watching the ‘not so interesting’ play at lease we gain some knowledge about staging, lighting, as well as the sound effect. Besides that, each actor’s action, posture and facial expression will also contributes to the effectiveness of a play.
Most importantly it helps us to cultivate the habit of going for a theater rather than cinema. As the saying goes “Every great journey begins with the first step”, as for us this should serve as the beginning of more plays in the future.
Lastly I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you who went for the play especially Faezah and Joyce for helping me. Thank you so much for everything…

2 comments:

Priya said...

Well, thank you so much Lee for taking all the trouble to make “Passion” a reality . I really mean it. Although some might say that the play was boring and waste of money....I still saw the relevance of watching. Spending RM20 to watch an hour play was surely not a waste of time. I expected a play with dialogues and it turned out that the only dialogue in the play was “Life is so strange. I loved her for four years and she betrayed me. Life is so strange.” This is the only utterances that the play “Passion” offered. Nothing else… no dialogue, no monologue, let alone soliloquy or aside. Then, you might wonder what is so great about watching this play. Well, in order to substitute the absence of dialogues, the actors had to convey their feelings, their thoughts-the passion through their facial expression. Compared to other plays that I have watched, this plays offers more of the music and lightings. This is because the music and the lighting increase in the amount when the tension in the play increases. The director brilliantly controls these two variables in order to attract and sustain the audiences’ attention. Thus, I believe we surely should watch more plays by different playwrights and directors in order to appreciate drama better.

Farie N. said...

dear Lee,
thanks anyway for organizing the play -session for us. though you were sick but then you still did a good job. :)
yes, i believe this play is going to be our first step towards many more upcoming plays.
see, most of us find it very boring but worry not, at least we're having fun and we're exposing to the world of play.
but then i think the play still can be considered as a success one, as like priya said, lighting and music really give impact to the play.
and i am waiting for more plays next semester! :)